Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bucktown Art Fest 2010

Bucktown Art Fest 2010
 
This past weekend, the wife and I (and daughter too) attended the 25th Annual Bucktown Art Fest.  Despite the horrendous heat, we loaded into our mini-SUV and made the 45 minute ride into the city.  Back in the day, my wife and I attended this particular fest, and loved it.  We even walked away with a few pieces of art which at the time, we both felt was the best artists that the festival had.  This year was beyond our expectations.
 
The wife and I literally saw dozens of pieces (sculpture, art, and photography) that we wanted or could use in our home.  I could have easily dropped 10K on art this weekend if the economy and my wallet were not in the way.  In the end my wife and only purchased one piece of art. 
 
 image.jpeg
This piece was created by Maria Ciaccio, and as you can tell is an abstract painted onto an old window.  The wife and I were totally besotted by the art that was on display in Maria's tent.  Unfortunatley I did not catch the name of the other young lady who was also in the space, but both were very grateful at our purchase. 
 
For the wife and I, there is nothing better than to buy and admire works by local artists from Chicago.  In this instance, we will we thoroughly enjoy this piece for a long time. 
 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: