Thursday, January 8, 2009

Past Albums-Revisited-Live-Secret Samadhi

This may be one of the best albums of the 1990's. To set the scene, the first time I heard this album was sitting in my friend Drue's house, playing on some chat service, and making fun of a few nerdy kids in my class. This was my album for a good six months and definitely the soundtrack of the last half of my senior year of high school. There was something foreboding in the music and the lyrics. Something trying to subconsciously warn me about the future, the looming ascent into adulthood...It strikes me as a powerful, metaphorically enhanced album. Some people embraced Dark Side Of The Moon, I embraced Secret Samadhi.

Track-list

1. Rattlesnake
2. Lakini's Juice
3. Graze
4. Century
5. Ghost
6. Unsheathed
7. Insomnia And The Hole In The Universe
8. Turn My Head
9. Heropsychodreamer
10. Freaks
11. Merica
12. Gas Hed Goes West.

No comments: