Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rainy Sunday In Chicago

Today is rainy, and with the rain comes the inevitable leak that sprouts from our ceiling. The wife and I rent, so it is really that landlords issue, but just the inconvenience of moving the couch, and the lamp, and my Guitar Hero drum set, is enough for me to be "put out". The weekend has been lazy, with a stack of work that I need to get done for school. I will get to it, just needed to blog my headache away. If anyone wants to read a good article, check out today's Chicago Tribune.

The article is about 27 year old Jon Favreau, the president's chief speech writer. At 27, he is working in the White House, and through the power of written word, changing the world. It amazes me the dynamism of the presidential team. I saw Jon on the evening of the election. We were standing in the press pit, looking up at the stage, and for that moment, when Jon stepped in front of me, he looked like any guy walking down the street, or working in my building, or standing in the hall at DePaul. The thing to remember is that each day, when you feel the walls of the cubicle closing in, or the monotony of life on your shoulder, remember that there are people like you changing the world.

It can be done.

Jon Favreau

No comments: