Saturday, March 21, 2009

This Morning and the Crazy Bus Driver

So the wife is off to Rockford for a day and I am home alone. It has been a very busy week, with the final revision to my globalization paper pending. I was hoping I was going to be done last week, but my instructor came back with some revisions. Last night I fixed up my Work Cited and today I am going to finish it all:). When the wife goes away she takes the car, and that means I have to hoof it. I am a die hard Dunkin Donut's fan and since there is not a single Dunkin Donut's around her, it means I have to take the bus. I could just have easily taken a bus to Clark Street, but that is the dirty Dunkin Donut's, so I decided to take the bus down to Ashland and then walk a mile down Lincoln Avenue to the good Dunkin Donut's.

I waited until it was somewhat light out and I made my way to the bus stop. The bus came along rather quickly and the entire bus trip would take only a few minutes. If I was a healthier man I would walk it but who cares. Now comes the Crazy Bus Driver story related to you the reader through our dialogue. Please let me tell you this conversation-three minutes in duration-came out of nowhere and I am really making it more PC then it really was. Gotta love the #77 Belmont at 6 a.m.

Me to the Bus Driver: Good Morning.

Bus Driver: Good Morning, afternoon and evening. I have been on this bus for the last 12 hours.

Me: Wow! Is your shift almost over?

Bus Driver: Oh yeah, and then I am going home to get me some.

Me(giggle): Great

Bus Driver: I've known this woman for 6 years and all she wants is for me to ****. (I am leaving this part out for the PC audience but it involves a sexual act that is not sex).

Me: really, for 6 years?

Bus Driver: 6 years I have been doing this, and now I am going to bang".

Me: well good for you.

Bus Driver: My only problem is the kids. She has four kids and I gotta watch out for them before I get me some.

Me: Sounds tricky.

Bus Driver: It is!! She has jet black hair that goes down her back. Oh yeah I love white woman.

Me: Ok (I stand and tell him I am getting off the bus at Ashland).

Bus Driver: Have a good morning man, hope you get some too.

Me: I just need a coffee.

Bus Driver: Well think of me getting some while you are drinking it.

I get off the bus.

I have no idea why the bus driver felt compelled to tell me this story but it seems it was monumental enoguh to share with a complete stranger. For your information I am drinking my Dunkin Donuts and trying really hard not to think about the bus driver getting some. This city is amazing.

No comments: